Having started his Family Law and Criminal Defense practice with ATR in 2010, Chris is a regular speaker at Family Law and Guardian seminars throughout Maine and teaches classes at the Maine Criminal Justice Academy to police cadets. The early years of his legal career were spent in service to the State of Maine as an Assistant District Attorney in Cumberland County, and with the Attorney General’s office in the Child Protective Division. He became a rostered Guardian Ad Litem in 2004 and was appointed to the initial Guardian Ad Litem Review board by the Law Court in 2015. Attorney Leddy has appeared in Maine courts from Bangor to York.
Chris has lived in Maine full time since 1977 and summered on Great Diamond Island his whole life. Growing up and raising his own family in South Portland, Chris attended USM and Maine Law. Having been divorced himself, and raising two children of his own, Attorney Leddy relies on both personal and professional experience to guide his clients through difficult life transitions with empathy and integrity.
- Maine State Bar Association
- Cumberland County Bar Association
- York Bar Association
- MACDL (Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers)
- Guardian Ad Litem, Maine Rostered
- Guardian Ad Litem, Review Board, Board of Overseers of the Bar (Review appointment here)
- Instructor, Maine Criminal Justice Academy
- Presenter on topic of Family Law, National Business Institute
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maine
- Federal Bar for the District of Maine
- University of Maine School of Law, J.D. 1996
- University of Southern Maine, B.A. in Criminology; Minor in Philosophy, magna cum laude 1992
“Thanks for taking the case and having faith. I am just so grateful to you for taking a leap of faith and helping me keep my baby. I have had the pleasure of meeting many lawyers this year and you are by far the kindest and caring. I don’t know how I can really thank you for the gift of being with [my child], as you know there is nothing more important in life.” -JD
“Chris, just wanted to say thank you for taking on my divorce case and being so fabulous to deal with. Please extend a thank you to your staff as well! Everyone was fantastic to deal with. I will highly recommend you and your firm in the future.”
“Still working with this firm but have nothing but praise for them. They care about me, my family, and what we are going through. They, Chris Leddy in particular, have gone above and beyond my expectations!” – BB
Individuals and businesses in Southern Maine rely on the skill and professionalism of the attorneys at Ainsworth, Thelin & Raftice, P.A. Call us at 207-767-4824, or contact us online to find out how we can help you.